By Elaine Clanton Harpine
After-School Prevention courses for At-Risk Students deals pros a close framework for constructing and embellishing after-school courses. Emphasizing a prevention concentration and a group-centered interactive strategy, the book's year-long version combines schooling and counseling, incorporating key healing ambitions to foster educational and behaviour talents and decrease difficulties in and out of doors classification. functional step by step instructions for developing and enforcing courses comprise transparent rationales, instructive layout and case examples, and ready-to-use interventions. the writer additionally presents suggestions on developmental, gender, and cultural issues, the demanding situations of preserving development over the process the varsity yr, and the dealing with of critical studying and emotional problems.
Among the subjects covered:
- Organizing a group-centered after-school program.
- Combining studying and counseling into one curriculum.
- The function of motivation in an ongoing year-long program.
- Group technique, self-efficacy, unity: using the foundations of change.
- Interaction in a year-long program.
- Solving difficulties and conflicts.
After-School Prevention courses for At-Risk Students is an important reference for scientist-practitioners, clinicians, and teachers in such disciplines as university psychology, early life schooling, social paintings, psychotherapy and counseling, and studying and instruction.